Thursday, August 8, 2019

stunned

  This little old robin, obviously grazed by a car and trying to get her feet under her from the shock of it all. I was wishing I had water, or seed. I was wishing I could hold her and tell her it was all going to be okay.  I was sure one day her wings would fly again but her eyes, they looked dazed and a bit confused.
  She finally settled and I soft spoke to her. I was already planning to carry her, take her home and release her as soon as she felt strong again.  She had other plans. As I drew closer, she hopped under the hedge. She breathed easier there.
  I can relate. We are all stunned, confused, perhaps dazed. Evil in every news cast; death on every shore. We want someone to say it’s okay, to hold us for a little while, to keep us from the harm and to help us understand that even in the shadow of death, we have hope.
  He says our place of rest is under His wing. We will still see, hear and know evil, but we can be confident of the ever present help of the One who tells us we do not have to fear it.
  He alone is our Hope.   Stunned, but not lost. Confused, but not abandoned. Dazed, but not desolate. Heartbroken, but not forsaken. Held and absolutely never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment