Thursday, October 1, 2020

time

 

I circle the parking lot to pick up the little gal.
She questions why I am in a different car.  Instead of rattling through what is the 3rd car having its dozenth issue in the last 3 weeks, I tell her, “I won’t bore you with the details.”
She says,
“I have nothing but time.”
I envied these five words.
What if time was a gift to be given instead of something borrowed or made or stolen.
As we pause as a planet, our sparse schedules should reveal not what has been taken but what has been given.
The gift of importance as what remains lends itself to what we cannot live without.
The gift of relationships as we have moved from touch to touch screens.
The gift of god who remains faithful in fear and frailty.  
The creation of time, the measurement of days mark the life lived well or wasted. 
The giving of time is a transaction of love both from the receiver and the creator. 
It is a work of holy to let time stand and embrace what he has given us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment