Monday, May 4, 2020

bubbles


I watched those bubbles for a good long while.
The carefree nature of it all.
Only the free seems sparse and the cares, plenty.
 
I keep telling my high school senior to feel the feelings.
You cannot make normal out of this one.
 
This is far from normal, far from nice, far from life as it was.
I have pushed long and hard for normal with a dose of easy.
 
Perhaps this is what He meant when He said, “in this world you will have trouble.” 
Not one inch of that statement says free of care.
Rather, they point us to the Caregiver.
 
I have talked to Him a lot about this one.
I can’t say I know what He is doing.
 
But I know what He is not doing.
He is not wringing His hands and He is not losing sleep.
 
He is opening His arms.
He is bending His ears. 
He is pointing our cares towards Him so He can set us free.
Surrender is always the other side of prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment