Monday, May 7, 2018

One Year Ago

I was holding his hand exactly one year ago today.  I sat next to his bed.  I remember how my heart was breaking.  It felt as if it was dripping out slowly, one tear into another.  Just four weeks had passed since Easter.

We had all been together.  Daddy and the rest of us.  He told me then he had not been feeling well.  Never did I imagine just a few short weeks later I would hold his hand as we waited together for Jesus to come.

It has made me think long and hard about journeys.  The ones we take in the heart.  Truly the ones that matter most.  The ones that perhaps we don’t plan or purpose. The ones that are begun by the Finisher.

He … the great punctuation of life.

Truly nothing has meaning without Him.  He puts an exclamation point on the simple.  I love that about Him.

The most ordinary life becomes extraordinary in the hands of Holy.
I want to wake and remember that when life is overwhelming;  we serve the overcomer.

I want to live forgiven and I pray I forge joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment